Home Forums DIET AND NUTRITION Training camp diet

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Derek @ RED 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ratmchi
    Participant

Just wanna say I love the site, articles are awesome and love your supplements.

I’m a boxer and MMA fighter and I’m starting a 10 week training camp for a fight in March. I want to get as shredded as possible while keeping as much lean muscle mass as possible. I’m 33 yrs old, 6′ tall, 210 lbs and 34 inch waist. I’d like to be in between 190-195lbs 8-10% body fat. I do fasted cardio in morning walking/jogging roadwork for 30-60 mins low intensity 7 days a week, lift weights 3-5 days a week body part split, and have 2-3 hr practice every day. I spar a few times a week, grapple 2-4 days and do technique work two days a week. I just would like a diet to follow to maximize my performance while also dropping fat. I need carbs since I’ve tried keto in the past and crashed and burned. I try to keep protein high and clean like egg whites, turkey, chicken breast, lean beef and respond well to white rice and potatoes for glycogen. So any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated regarding a diet plan or how many calories to take in daily. Thanks.

Derek @ RED
    Participant

You’re already doing tons of exercise and physical activity so it definitely isn’t a matter of whether you are expending enough calories (assuming you aren’t half-assing these activities), rather, you simply need to reduce your intake to start getting into a calorie deficit.

Subtract 100 calories from your diet each time you plateau and you can slowly widdle away at your body fat without crashing yourself too hard. I’d start taking out calories deriving from fats first and foremost, as you obviously need carbs to fuel all the physical activities you’re doing, and you need your protein to stay high to hold onto lean tissue. Start swapping red meats for white meats, switching eggs out for egg whites, and decreasing fat intake from other portions of your diet. Eventually you will need to start widdling away at your carb intake too, but for now start with your fats.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Updating…
  • No products in the cart.