Whey is a nutrient dense byproduct of milk and cheese production.
It contains all essential macronutrients (proteins, fats, carbohydrates) as well as a ton of essential amino acids and micronutrients.
When whey protein is intelligently processed, it provides the greatest biological value of all proteins.
This means that high-quality whey protein is absorbed into your body at a more efficient and higher rate than any other type of protein.
There are 3 different types of whey protein.
- Most nutrient-dense type of whey protein
- Contains about 80% of pure protein
- Also contains lactose, fats, minerals, and vitamins
- Best tasting whey protein
- Cheapest form of whey protein
- Processed to become purest form of whey protein
- Contains about 90-95% of pure protein
- Lacks many beneficial nutrients
- More expensive than concentrate
- Partially digested whey protein
- Whey proteins are broken down into peptides
- Reduced chance of allergic reactions
- Often used in baby formulas and medical formulas
When you’re choosing a whey protein to purchase—unless you are lactose intolerant or cutting hardcore—whey protein concentrate is the way to go.
Whey concentrate contains a ton of beneficial vitamins, minerals and nutrients that all work together with the extra protein you are consuming to help your body grow and recover.
Benefits of drinking whey protein concentrate:
- Helps build lean muscle tissue by promoting maximum protein synthesis
- Encourages fat loss by promoting the release of glucagon (a protein hormone that helps build muscle and burn body fat)
- Increases exercise capacity and endurance levels
- Helps fortify your body’s immune system by naturally elevating your cellular levels of Glutathione (your body’s master antioxidant)
- Contains immunoglobulin’s (specialized protein factions) that help protect the immune system
- May help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Helps to build strong bones and prevent osteoporosis
Only when you drink high-quality whey protein concentrate are you able to unlock all of these health benefits for your body.
This is because not all protein powders are created equally. Unfortunately, due to shady business practices, many whey proteins out there are amino spiked.
To unlock the full potential of whey concentrate, you need high-quality, sustainably sourced, nutrient-dense whey protein concentrate that you can trust.